Wolters Kluwer Sr. Clinical Content Specialist in Hudson, Ohio
Sr. Clinical Content Specialist
Requisition Number: 17-17443
Shift: Not Applicable
Job Description: Wolters Kluwer Health, is part of Wolters Kluwer, a market-leading global information services company. Professionals in the areas of legal, business, tax, accounting, finance, audit, risk, compliance, and healthcare rely on Wolters Kluwer’s leading, information-enabled tools and solutions to manage their business efficiently, deliver results to their clients, and succeed in an ever more dynamic world.
Wolters Kluwer Clinical Drug Information unites the expertise of more than 300 professionals to provide consistent drug information across its leading solutions Lexicomp, Medi-Span® and Facts & Comparisons®. Through the provision of innovative and reliable resources in multiple formats, these solutions help reduce errors, improve patient safety, lower system-wide costs and increase workflow efficiency throughout the continuum of care.
The Sr. Clinical Content Specialist - Pharmacogenomics works collaboratively within the team to critically review and evaluate scientific, clinical and product literature in order to create new and revise existing core pharmacology content. You will participate in the identification, drafting, and review process for new and/or updated pharmacology information. May participate in and/or review the transformation of referential content into defined data structures for embedded datasets. May also be required to establish and maintain communication with consultants, contributors, editors and authors in a collaborative manner. Participate in the process of product design, improvement, and new product implementation. Create and maintain proprietary knowledge base to support the publication of WK- Clinical Solutions CDI datasets (as used in Facts & Comparisons, Lexi-Drugs, and Medi-Span).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Applies practical clinical experience when evaluating and interpreting scientific literature and other evidence.
• Couples clinical expertise and experience with advanced literature evaluation skills to determine appropriate, meaningful inclusion of new information in referential or data-driven clinical decision support databases.
• Assesses and mitigates risks of drug therapy and clinical decision support based on knowledge of pharmacotherapy as well as disease/condition and patient-specific variables.
• Responsible for creating and revising high quality drug information (referential/embedded) consistent with the format and structure of the databases.
• Participates/collaborates in the transformation and review of content between referential sources and defined content structures for embedded datasets.
• Submits work for collaborative peer review and responds appropriately to comments and criticisms. As a member of the team, critically, professionally, and thoroughly reviews the work of others to prompt improvements in clarity, consistency, accuracy, and accessibility to information across the spectrum of healthcare providers. Understands the use of the data by customers and factors this awareness into decisions. Identifies and corrects omissions or errors in the content.
• Anticipates problems or issues and identifies creative ways to solve problems or mitigate risks.
• Applies clinical knowledge and expertise to develop, implement, and adhere to policies. Clearly articulates WKCDI policies, processes.
• Achieves productivity by consistently meeting deadlines as defined in the Content Priority Policy and by meeting departmental and individual goals.
• Maintains a high degree of currency in area(s) of clinical or domain expertise as well as industry knowledge via reading, attendance at professional meetings/educational conferences, and other activities (i.e. clinical practice, teaching, research, discussions, etc.). Develops and maintains professional, specialty, and/or academic relationships
• Shares information and expertise with colleagues at all levels of the organization.
• Acts as an influential leader within the organization. Provides assistance and cross-education among clinical team/content members, and functional teams (e.g., sales, marketing, accounting, IT).
• Lends subject matter expertise and actively participates in the process of new product development or enhancements. Provides input for product design from a clinical perspective. Participates in the design and enhancement of tools used to manage content. Responds promptly to marketing and sales feedback (when appropriate) to introduce new information and/or concepts into the database.
• PharmD (preferred) or, BS Pharm, MS, or PhD with significant clinical practice experience or specialization
• Some specific training or experience in pharmacogenomics is required
• 5+ years of clinical practice experience (Note: exceptions may be made for candidates with unique skill sets such as drug information, clinical informatics, or additional qualifications or advanced degrees in a related field.)
• Pharmacy practice (PGY1) or other clinical residency, and/or board certification in pharmacotherapy or a specific sub-specialty (preferred)
• Specialized knowledge or training in drug interactions, clinical pharmacology, and/or drug information (preferred)
• Strong consideration will be given to individuals with experience in biomedical informatics, clinical decision support systems, or alert rules logic
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Pharmacy License in good standing from any U.S. State
• Extensive knowledge of pharmacogenomics and clinical pharmacology
• Advanced literature evaluation skills and/or advanced data analytic and clinical decision support skills
• Ability to make independent, clinically appropriate decisions
• Strong critical thinking and complex problem-solving skills
• Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
• Proficiency in written, verbal communication skills
• Computer literacy in word processing (required), spreadsheet use (required)
ABOUT WOLTERS KLUWER
Wolters Kluwer N.V. (AEX: WKL) is a global leader in information services and solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2016 annual revenues of €4.3 billion. The company, headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries and employs 19,000 people worldwide.
Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.
For more information about our solutions and organization, visit www.wolterskluwer.com, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
The individual may be exposed to private and confidential information, including personal health information, and is expected to adhere to company policies and all relevant laws regarding handling of such information.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO)
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions, customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
For any assistance with your application for this job opening, please call the HR Source at (888) 495-4772 or email HRSource@WoltersKluwer.com. TTY is also available at 888 (4985) 4771.